Sunday, June 20, 2010

森山直太朗

「あゆるものの真ん中で」~森山直太朗

Brilliant music and vocals from Naotaro as always.
The lyrics and melodies are always very pretty and creative.
However, not to say it is lacking in strength, but, well, I guess the vocals aren't so..how do I put it? sheesh I'm rambling. I guess, what I'm trying to say is that he isn't exactly belting out power ballads. Most of the tunes are either mellow or they're fun songs.
Maybe after 涙 the bars of my expectations have risen yet again. Most of the stuff out there are now only mediocre in comparison. It's wonderful and yet I've become a music snob. Other than selected musicals, Anthony Warlow and Nao-chan, there is little else I can listen to without being overly cynical and critical about. Well, recently I've gotten back into Classical.
So, back to Nao-I love all the songs but one fave is [人のことなんて]

人のことなんて

もうどうだって

いいじゃないか

 "Wouldn't it be easier if we didn't care about people...?""

I love the piano accompaniment. I love the simplicity of the message. I love his voice.





No comments: