Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Neglect

As the title of this post suggests, I've been really neglecting this blog over the past erm...few years?
Not one post in 2012. For shame. In fact, it's only recently that I remembered this existed at all.

Oh well, a new year calls for a new start. Not sure why I'm so inclined on getting back into this again. Perhaps it was going back through my old posts and rediscovering fragments of my life I had forgotten about. The whole process just stirs up a whirl of mixed emotions which is on the whole not a particularly bad feeling. Sure it's sappy and sentimental...Anyway, this will be a record of mine for me...and may or may not make a whole lot of sense for any random stranger who stumbles upon this - and I'm not particularly concerned about them, really. Little subtle things can be significantly associated to so much to one person, while meaning crap-all to another anyway.

One thing I've come to learn is that you shouldn't be so worried about how others perceive or think of you, they don't do it very often! And even more so when it's people who don't know you personally in the void of cyberspace. Most humans can be so self-centered and not many people may realise that that means everyone else is so caught up in their own worlds, there leaves little room for them to scrutinize over your every action. Well, that applies to most people with the exception of high-profile celebrities. But then again, they're not really "people" - in the sense of how they are perceived: many "celebrities" become a brand, an image that sells, something of a surreal two-dimensional character. Anyway, I'm going off on a tangent, I tend to do that a lot, stream-of-consciousness writing. On the topic of writing, I should really be writing some else much more important and work-related. I'm hoping this will get my juices flowing. Well, that's my excuse anyway.

So, my point is, I'll have this up and running again, just as a mental dumping ground for any thoughts, ideas, internal emotion conflicts, whatever. May this be an eventful year ahead.





No comments: