Sunday, March 7, 2010

Motivation

Funnily enough, after I posted my whole spiel on setting goals and having to study hard, I found this article in The Age life magazine about motivation.

"Ask yourself these questions: what am I passionate about? Where do I want to be in 12 months? Where do I want to be in 5 years? Why are these goals important to me?"

"Once you've identified your goal, you need to figure out why it's important to you. in the context of your life, your family, your career, why do you want to achieve this goal?...Intention is more important than anything you say or do. It's often subconscious. If you are able to connect with something that moves you, you will be able to achieve motivation without any assistance. Don't look for motivation, look for a purpose."

Very wise. Very wise indeed.

So, why do I want to achieve what I want to achieve? I think I'll take a leaf out of their book and say that it's because I want to have a purpose in life. I want to be well informed and educated and to improve myself. I want to be worth something in life. I don't want to waste time. Make the most of life. 今が人生! (~Moriyama Naotaro)

Someday I'll look back at this and perhaps cringe but it's true, no matter how cheesy it sounds.

No comments: